Here’s something to think about……….
When you go to the cottage for the weekend, or fishing/hiking/golfing/taking kids to hockey, on a Sunday morning, or if you are away on vacation or business, the life of this congregation goes on.
One way you can really help is by making your offerings through our Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR) program. This way, even when you aren’t physically here, you still allow us to have a REGULAR HEARTBEAT – a reliable and regular income throughout the year.
PAR also gives you an opportunity to budget and regulate your offerings with no last-minute catch-up periods, no hassle trying to find money on Sunday mornings, and no worry about missing some weeks. PAR is a monthly contribution made automatically from your bank account, on the 20th of the month. You specify the amount and can change it at any time.
Perhaps most importantly, PAR makes giving to your church a priority that reflects your spiritual commitment.
“What if I feel uncomfortable about not putting something in the offering plate?”
The PAR program offers small cards for the offering Plate. The cards are printed with the words:
“My offering has been given by Pre-Authorized Remittance”. These cards are available at Sunday Morning services in the Narthex. They are recycled from the offering plates each Sunday. All materials are provided by the United Church free of charge.
If you have any questions or would like to START on PAR, please contact the church office, (905) 735-5912 or email@example.com, and the Envelope/PAR Steward will get in touch with you.
What happens if my financial circumstances change?
If at any time you want to increase or decrease the amount you are giving, simply inform Wesley’s Envelope/PAR Steward.
Completed forms can be mailed to the church or dropped off in the “Grey Lock Box” in the hallway beside the Minister’s Office.
PAR forms are available in the Church Narthex or may be downloaded here.
When donating via e-Transfer or CanadaHelps, you may specify how you would like your donation to be used in the “message /comments” section.
- General/Local Ministry Fund
- Memorial – In memory of “John Doe”
- M&S – Mission and Service Fund of the United Church of Canada
- Horizon Fund – used for Special Projects or unexpected repairs or replacement of equipment.
- Endowment Fund – Invested with the United Church of Canada Foundation.
- Harvest Kitchen Fund – for meal preparation once monthly for those in-need November through April.
- WOW – Women of Wesley – a group which supports the life and work of the Church and donates to the M&S Fund and local charities.